Female Cantonese voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
Have Hei Wan read aloud from your ebook, navigation, translation and other apps in a Cantonese voice.
Works great with Google Navigation on Android 2.2. Other recommended apps using voice output are Talk To Me Classic, Speech Audio Books, Good Morning, and StartTalking. Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/gallery for more recommended apps.
If you want to listen to the voice before buying it, download the free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine first. It contains audio demos and installs a high quality TTS engine that supports over 25 languages and 40 voices. Alternatively listen to voice demos at http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/demos.
Follow these steps to set up your voice:
1) Install and run this app once
2) Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3) Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings, activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen, then select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
- Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
- If you receive error code 18 when trying to install a voice, the installation fails because of a locked file. Solutions are to mount the phone on your PC and manually remove “/mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec” or an empty folder named “.android_secure”.
- On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.